Are you searching for the perfect recipes for your Super Bowl menu?
Keep reading this post for some fun and easy recipes that will please any crowd!
Getting Real in Your Kitchen teaches busy moms how to meal plan for their families. If you are new here, please take a look at the following:
- About Us
- The 5 W’s of Real Food
- Creating a Real Food Kitchen
- Meal Planning On A Budget
- How To Make Time For Real Food
Need some quick and easy ideas for dinner this week? Sign up for a free recipe eBook, 7 Mix and Match Meals. It’s got kid friendly, real food recipes that your family will love!
Best Part of Super Bowl
I’m not really sure when Super Bowl Sunday became a quasi holiday requiring Super Bowl party food, but it surely is!
How about you? Do you celebrate with Super Bowl party food in your house?
We do here, that’s for sure. Only for us it’s really more about the food than the football (at least for me) and, of course, the commercials. Although I don’t think the commercials have been as good as they used to be.
What do you think? And what is your highlight for the day?
- All Of The Above?
Real Food For Your Super Bowl Menu
Over here at Getting Real In Your Kitchen we like Super Bowl party food as much as the next guy, but we are always trying to find a way to keep it real!
And we are always on the lookout for real food for our Super Bowl menu.
- Food your grandmother would have eaten.
- No refined grains or sugar.
- No fast food or prepackaged food.
- If it comes in a package it should have 5 ingredients or less.
- No factory processed fats.
Need help getting the processed junk out of your kitchen? Want to eat more real foods but don’t know where to start? Sign up for a free list, 12 Steps to a Real Food Kitchen, to get started off right!
There are several different directions you can go with your football party food menu.
I like to do easy game day appetizers which include easy finger food ideas.
What is more fun than a buffet of game day finger foods and what is easier than cold finger foods?
Just because you have decided to walk a healthy path by choosing real food doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some Super Bowl party food!
The trick is in what you choose to eat and when you decide to eat it.
- Choose real food.
- And of course you will be eating during the Super Bowl, but make this your dinner.
- Don’t snack through the game and then sit down to dinner.
- And make sure that your Super Bowl menu includes real food that will nourish and sustain you!
My Super Bowl Menu
Super Bowl Finger Food Ideas
- Mini Corn Dogs
- Salami Wraps
- Baked Broccoli Cheese Balls
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers
Easy Super Bowl Dips
And be sure to include some easy super bowl dips. Again, choose recipes with real food that will nourish and sustain you.
- Yogurt Ranch Dip
And it just wouldn’t be right without at least one Super Bowl Dessert.
Super Bowl Dessert Recipe
- Chocolate Strawberry Footballs
Now that I have chosen my Super Bowl menu ideas let’s get cooking!
Who doesn’t love ranch dressing with a crudite platter? I do!
But I don’t like to use bottled dressings. Just read an ingredient list and you’ll see they are NOT real food, not to mention that every single one uses unhealthy fats. Even those that say they are made with olive oil. Believe me I’ve tried to find a good one and I haven’t been able to.
That being said, this Yogurt Ranch Dip is a good recipe, but I wouldn’t call it a ranch dip. And I did make a few tweaks.
- I used lemon juice instead of the vinegar.
- I added about ½ teaspoon of grated lemon rind.
- And I added more of the dill, garlic, and onion powder.
- I would suggest that you play around with the proportions until you hit one you like.
- When all is said and done I would call this a Lemon/Dill Yogurt Dip.
I made a crudite platter to serve with this. Offering a variety of raw vegetables with a tasty dip is a good way to ensure that your Super Bowl party food is nourishing.
I’ve used this Guacamole recipe for years. It’s very simple, but it always gets a lot of compliments. Of course it’s really good with tortilla chips. I always buy organic chips because corn has likely been genetically modified. This also makes a good dip for the crudite platter.
- 3 very ripe Avocados
- Juice of one lime
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
The Salami Wraps were very good! I made them just as the recipe directed and I wouldn’t change a thing. These would also make a good lunch choice for anyone watching their carbs.
The Baked Broccoli Cheese Balls were also delicious! Really tasty!
I did tweak the recipe a bit.
- I didn’t have any Panko breadcrumbs on hand, so I used a slice of my homemade sourdough instead. All that was needed was a quick whirl in the food processor.
- I used frozen, cut-up broccoli and frozen leeks instead of the scallions.
- I boiled the two together until they were both very soft.
- Then I drained them and turned them back into the pan.
- I put the pan back over the heat and I cooked out the rest of the water.
- Then I let them cool before I chopped them up really fine.
- And I didn’t make the sauce the recipe called for. Instead I used the yogurt dip from above. It worked really well and saved me the time of making another dip, which to me is a win, win!
The Jalapeno Poppers were a big hit! My husband loved them! I didn’t do anything different from the recipe. I did, however, make sure to use nitrate free bacon.
We all loved the Mini Corn Dog Bites! For these I used nitrate free, all meat hot dogs.
The only trouble I had was they were kind of difficult to get out of the pan. And I did grease the pan. I think the next time I make them I will use little mini muffin pan liners.
Super Bowl Dessert Recipe
If you serve all of the above recipes I believe your guests will be happy and you can call it a day.
But if you’d like to serve a dessert how about these Chocolate Strawberry Footballs? They will offer you a taste of something sweet without being too much. And strawberries are good for you!
Well I hope you will try some (or all) of these recipes for your Super Bowl Party Food. I think you will enjoy them.
- If you plan on using these recipes, it might help you to make a Pinterest board for Super Bowl recipe ideas and pin each image of each recipe you want to try.
- If you try these recipes, comment below and tell us what you thought!
- And if you have any recipes of your own we would love to hear about them! Please go to our Facebook page or share in the comments below.
Have fun and enjoy these delicious recipes with your family and friends on Super Bowl Sunday!
Does it feel good having a plan in place for your Super Bowl party? Wouldn’t it be great if you could always be ahead of the game, with planned meals for the whole week?
Go here to start learning how to plan meals for your family without stress!